When it comes to cleaning upholstery leather furniture, keep it simple and avoid Do It Yourself (DIY) remedies. Homemade solutions using Mayonnaise and Vinegar are best kept to salads and sandwiches, and not the leather-cleaning menu.
We have seen clients harming their Leather furniture with everything from hair-care products to Pine-Sol. Keep in mind that warranties on the furniture can be voided if the wrong cleaner or conditioner is used on the leather furniture. The most important thing is to avoid applying anything that is not endorsed below
Leather Furniture Cleaning Materials:
- Vacuum cleaner with brush attachment
- Distilled water
- Mild, neutral-pH nondetergent liquid soap, such as Morning Fresh or Good mama, or a leather cleaner designed for furniture upholstery
- Soft white microfiber cloths (Towel)
- Tarp or drop cloth
Here are the steps for cleaning protected leather furniture. Always try them first on an inconspicuous spot that can’t be seen. And put down a drop cloth to catch any water drips.
- Remove dirt by vacuuming the furniture piece using the brush attachment.
- Add a few drops of mild nondetergent liquid soap to distilled water to create a cleaning solution. Moisten a microfiber cloth (Towel) with the solution.
- Test an inconspicuous spot with the cloth to make sure there’s no discoloration from the soap and water.
- Working from top to bottom, wipe the furniture.
- Dampen another cloth with plain distilled water and wipe the furniture again.
- Dry with a clean towel.
To protect your leather furniture, keep it away from direct sunlight and heat sources, which can cause drying and crack leather. Leather breathes and continues to remove moisture from its environment to keep it soft and supple.
This tips will help you care for your leather furniture
Gifted Home Furniture is your best online furniture store, we are a Lagos based furniture company and we have delivered across many states in Nigeria.
Visit our Instagram page to view more of our Raw factory shots